Saturday, August 13, 2011

A Rainy Dreary Saturday

It started raining around 6:30 a.m. and hasn't quit. There is definitely a hint of Fall in the air.


No campfires today...


So I decided to dust off a NEW cookbook, roll up my sleeves, and bake homemade bread.


My fellow blogger, Liz, had a posting way back where she shared with us bagels she had made from the cookbook, Healthy Bread in Five Minutes A Day.  Being a bread lover and raising an eyebrow at the word Healthy, I immediately ordered the book. However, during transit, my very old oven took one last breath, and left me, well, oven-less. Yes, eventually I did get another oven, but I didn't get around to actually baking any bread until today. I have to admit, it took me longer than 5 minutes...way longer. Oh well, practice makes perfect. I hope it tastes as good as it smells! Have a great weekend everyone!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment :)