Saturday, July 30, 2016

Fishing With Captain Mark


Steve and I were blessed to have the opportunity to do some Lake Huron fishing this past week. I shared this picture on Instagram, but my mom isn't on Instagram so I thought I'd do a post to show you and her the fish we caught that day. It is organized chaos for sure! (A quote from our captain.:)


This is Captain Mark. In the background is Greg. There were four of us in the boat.


Captain Mark sent me this picture of his boat from the outside looking in on beautiful Lake Huron.

Thanks Captain Mark!


It doesn't look like it but I have a fish on and am trying like crazy to get this bad boy up from a depth of 95' to the boat.


Captain Mark ready with the net.


Yay!


Here is Steve netting one for Captain Mark.


Another nice one!


Here Greg has one on and Steve is the net guy.

No, no, I was never the net guy. Too big of a responsibility and I'm outnumbered.


Occasionally a freighter would glide by.


Once we each caught our limit, we headed back in which looked like a good idea anyhow.


Look at them Lakers!! Just a great day fishing!


Now its time to get to work! Captain Mark has an awesome cleaning station.



We vacuum packed most but saved some for dinner. The following pictures won't be my best because it was dark outside and I rarely use the flash on my camera but in this case it was necessary.

This is how I make my Spinach Dip Crusted Laker.

No recipe to print, it is that easy.

Preheat your oven to 350 degrees F.


I took one and a half Laker fillets and placed them in a Butter Flavored Pam sprayed 9x13 baking dish.


I took a store bought container of spinach dip...


...and spooned it over the fillets covering them completely.


Then I sprinkled everything with shredded Parmesan cheese. Into the oven it went, uncovered, for 10 minutes. Then I turned on my broiler to high, sat on the floor and peeked through the door until the topping started to bubble and brown slightly - about 3 minutes.


Perfect!

Unlike the picture, but hey, conditions can't always be perfect I guess.


We paired it with broccoli out of our garden.

Let me know if you try this recipe and if you give it a thumbs up or down. Thanks!!

Have a wonderful summer weekend everyone!

~Debi

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment :)