Tuesday, December 10, 2013

Chippewa Snow Chasers


Snow chasers we are.
And we live in Chippewa County.
Yesterday morning we awoke to a fresh 5-6 inches of snowfall. 
Not a lot, but enough to be plowed.
Everything was so pretty.
Those of you who know me well know how much I love snow.


Steve got right to plowing.


My gardens.
Everything was white again and not icy.
I felt so sorry for the elderly over the weekend 
because every parking lot was nothing but ice.
I was extra careful myself!


Even the dogs liked the extra traction.
The other day Ike was so happy to see me 
he just about crashed into the side of our parked car.
I yelled out, "IKE!" but he did a good save.
He shook himself off and proceeded to show his affection.


Today Steve took the groomer out and panned the trails.
He is a groomer for the Chippewa Snow Chasers Snowmobile Club.
Panning means you pack the snow to freeze hard to a nice solid base for the trail.
Then let it snow!
As of tonight we are on the border of getting anywhere from 5 to 10 inches of snow.
We'll see. Tomorrow we have to go to the Soo.
They could get up to a foot.
I'll take my camera!





Can't wait to get back on the snowmobiles!


I let the dogs in tonight to sleep by the wood burner. They sit outside the door and one of them will let out one "woof." They try not to be obnoxious. They take turns so I can't figure out who it is. "Woof."
It means, "Can we come in for awhile? It's really cold out here and we love the woodburner." 

"Woof."

I'm a pushover.

Currently they are both snoring.

And it is 8 degrees outside.

Stay warm everyone!

3 comments:

  1. Your post made me smile. You snow chaser, you. I can't say I'm that enthusiastic about snow, but do think it's beautiful. I feel your love for the UP shining out of your blog!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment :)