Thursday, January 2, 2014

Frigid Temps in Yooperland


We took a little New Years Day ride in the car yesterday.
I took this shot at dusk with my phone.


You may think I'm like super talented with my photos.

Ha. Not at all. Not even a teeny tiny bit.

Truth is, until recently I had NO IDEA how the animated snow fell 
or where the animated snow came from.
Or how did I get the lights to twinkle on the Christmas Tree?

I do now. I think.

If I take a picture with my phone (Samsung Galaxy 3),
 then shake my phone immediately afterwards, 
Google adds snow to my photo, or twinkles to my bulbs.

Pretty cool, huh?
How did I get that?

Major Announcement!!
I'm super duper excited! 
My new camera is supposed to arrive tomorrow.

Bear with me as I learn how to use it. 
I got the book - the one for Dummies.


And I have no idea why there isn't snow falling on this picture.
I shook the phone just like I said.
Hmmph. Stumped again...


And another truth is that it isn't cool up here in the UP.
Not at all.
It is very very very cold.
Midday and the thermometer reads -2.


I have no desire to take a snowmobile ride though the sun is shining brightly.
I have no desire to move the propane grill from the middle of our front yard either.


Another Major Announcement
Oh but GREAT news!!!
Fed Ex just delivered my new camera - a day early!
Oh goody. I don't have to go outside and move the grill.. 
I can stay in this toasty house and play!


I ordered "extras" like a tripod and other Ahem "necessary items". 

Keep Warm Everyone!

Footnote: I have no idea why there isn't animated snow falling on the box.
Maybe one Dummy book isn't going to be enough for me. Yikes.

...off to dig into the box!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment :)