Sunday, October 16, 2011

A Fine Fall Color Tour 2011 - Part 1

Wow. What a difference a week makes. I just came in from snapping this picture so I could show you what I mean. This is today but don't let the blue sky fool you, it looks dark to the north...


This was taken one week ago.

The weather did a 180 on us this week, and we've lost so many leaves. There is still a little yellow lingering in the trees and in the needles of the Tamarack pines, which would look very pretty if the sun would stay out, but hey, we knew it had to end sometime. And now, as I write this, the rain has been unleashed...

Last weekend was incredible. Not only was the weather sunny and near 80, we had family drive up one last time this year before their exodus to the warm state of Florida. So, on Saturday, we headed to one of my favorite places, Grand Marais. (map)


Lake Superior - looking east toward the Grand Marais Light.


Looking west to Au Sable Point.



We headed west to the Log Slide Overlook. Stunning!


Au Sable Light Station standing tall amidst the colors.


The Grand Sable Dunes


From here we headed back east to the Sable Falls. I'll show you those pics next time.

Well, here comes the sun, again. I think I'll take the dogs for a walk before the next shower passes through. 


How are the colors where you are?




No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment :)