Thursday, June 4, 2015

Oh...Those Pesky Bears!


Those of you who follow this blog know I love feeding and watching the birds.


I love taking pictures of them.


Many...


Many...


Many...


Many...


...photos of birds coming and going from my bird feeding stations.

The last two nights the dogs have woken us up with loud constant barking.The first night I got up and turned the outside light on to see what was going on, but saw nothing unusual. I went back to bed with this feeling that there was a bear in the neighborhood because that can really get the dogs uptight. Last night Steve got up and saw nothing.

Little did we know how close the bear(s) was.


This feeding station wasn't touched. The dog's kennel is directly to the right. The bear wouldn't dare come in this close with the incessant barking.


Right outside our front window this shepherds hook was bent and my brown cabin feeder was nowhere to be found. Just a trail of sunflower seeds that led to the road. The county road commission happened to grade our road before I could follow the bear tracks and hopefully retrieve my feeder.



And right outside our kitchen door this was all that was left of this feeding station. This station lost two feeders. Steve fixed the little red barn feeder. Just how many bear were there or how many times did a bear come back?


I searched the edge of the woods up and down our road, but the bugs are so bad I have no intention of going into the woods at the moment. Steve has since fixed this wooden tray feeder, too, but my stations look so bare! 

Thanks bear.

Thanks bears.


I know just how you feel Mrs. Evening Grosbeek.


Chew them bear a good one!

1 comment:

  1. I fought the squirrels and chipmunks on the feeders at B Whitefish u got the bears. Good luck. Enjoyed

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment :)