Saturday, March 22, 2014

The Bone Collectors


Currently, my Bear is upset with me. 


I came outside to photograph the snow.

She thought I was coming out to take a walk.

See her smile?

She's looking for Ike. He likes walks, too.

Then she took off running down the driveway.

I yelled, "Noooooo! We're not taking a walk. Come hoooome!"


She came home. 

But she stopped at the gate.

 See her pout?

You all think I'm mean, don't ya?

Its snowing, man, real hard and its cold, twenty-two degrees. And I'm a wimp.


This was yesterday.


This is today.


And this.


And this.


And this.

Hardly a mountain to be seen anywhere.

Yep, we're hunkered down.

Disclaimer: If you're eating, and get squeamish at the sight of bones, you may want to come back when you're finished. I am not responsible for what may or may not happen. 

I could have gotten closer and aimed a bit deeper into the pail, but it's gross. This is what Bear and Ike have been up to since we arrived. They bring bones home from the creek, the valley, the hills, the bushes, the plains, the woods...

So really Steve is the bone collector. I've picked up one or two.

The dogs are the bone munchers. And guess what happens when you're a dog and you gnaw all day long on a bone and get leeeeetle bits in your tummy. What do you think happens when they are laying on their blanket in the house and the house is quiet because we are all sleeping and it's the middle of the night and all of sudden we hear that sound.

"No, no, no," I chant as I fly down the stairs. "Go outside, GO OUTSIDE."

Too late.


They've had the "DO NOT EAT BONES" speech repeatedly.

From the look on these faces, one would think they are finally getting it.

We get it.

Right.

This is what I witnessed last evening.


Ike munches on a bone as Bear looks on.


"Hey, you gonna share?"


"I said, are you gonna share?"


"It's a big bone. We could each munch an end. You know, like that spaghetti thing the two dogs do in that one cartoon."


"Lady and the Tramp?" Ike mumbles between munches. "We're cousins, dude." 


"All right. I'll keep guard for you, cousin."

Guess who made that sound in the middle of the night last night?

1 comment:

  1. Beautiful pictures. Sure glad you love your friends or they might have to sleep outdoors. Enjoyed

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment :)