Thursday, March 27, 2014

Down by the Creek...


This past Saturday I posted about the snow we were receiving.


By Tuesday afternoon, the snow was pretty much melted where the sun could reach it. The temp soared to 48 degrees and the sun felt so warm. We decided to take a hike to the creek.




As you can see, the hill to the creek still has plenty of snow on it.




Once we got to the creek, the dogs went right in. Brrr!



It's a rocky creek with little mini waterfalls. It is also chuck full of Rainbow and Brown Trout. Once the mountains start melting, as well as the canyon, this creek turns into a raging river.




Still quite a bit of snow in places...



I'd like to have a conversation with this tree.


Heading home...


Almost there!

Now, to all my Michigan friends and family...I know you're getting more snow. Sorry about that. But if these pictures make you think we've got it made, take a look at what we woke up to this morning...


...six new inches of snow! And a flock of new birds!


They kind of look like the Juncos we have in Michigan. But they're not.


But hey, they are welcomed to stay!

And yes, it is still snowing.

But before I sign off, I want to give a BIG shout out to this guy. 

(I kind of like him a WHOLE lot.)


Happy Birthday, Steve!!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment :)