Monday, February 10, 2014

Hanging Out With the Florida Locals...


Ok, no problem, we won't feed the gators but how about them aggressive greedy medium-sized birds there? They wouldn't even wait for an invitation...they helped themselves to what morsels they could find - even if we were still eating and not ready to share. Beware diners who left french fries on their plates unattended...


And what about these guys...er, girls...er...pelicans.

They just wanted a hand out of the fishermen's bait.
"Just a small piece, por favore..."


And then there was this pigeon that was on to me.
"I know you have a cookie in that pocket of yours."

"No, I only have coffee in this cup of mine..nothing else."

I got the look.

Caught me.


And then there were these unidentifiable birds (in my wee mind) that were strutting their stuff, but honestly I had no morsel of anything in my pocket at the time. Totally lost on how to make it big going viral on YouTube, they've decided to put on a show for the visitors? One wonders...


Center stage...


Not to be outdone, this solo artist with a three piece band tried to outdo those that had the treetop advantage.


But of course everyone wants to get on the bandwagon...


Egads...creature from the black lagoon?


Nope. Only 263 manatees enjoying warmer water in a back-off bayou during the winter months.
(And YES, the state park employee said they had counted 263 manatee that day.)


And if ye be so inclined to read about bird bandits, bird bands, or manatees, I only have this little blurp I got from a sign on the walking trail. Couldn't find any information on birds trying to make it big or otherwise.


Such docile creatures.


And of course, unlike the birds, not every creature is out for stardom and fame.
This armadillo wanted complete anonymity.


And this guy's goal was just to beat the plane into the terminal.


This guy isn't a local.

Just loco.

So I took him home with me.

I'm a humanitarian like that.

Besides, he looked familiar.


1 comment:

  1. This also looked very familiar. Great Job. S V D

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment :)