Thursday, February 13, 2014

For the Birds...


I knew I jinxed myself the other day when I mentioned in an email to my mother that Steve and I have been quite healthy so far this month. Then wham...that night I woke up sneezing (and I'm not a dainty quiet sneezer), and my face felt flush and my body ached...

So for the last two days I have been in my stretchy jogging pants and baggy sweatshirt taking pictures of birds through the windows.

Above the chickadees enjoy each other's company on a quick lunch of thistle seed.


Another pair nibble on the suet.


Two sharing a slice of stale bread.


"May I have a bite of that delicious bread? Please? Please? Please?"


Ike has to see if anything has been clumsily pushed off the bread tray.

"Come on guys, hand some over."


A downy woodpecker


On, no, there's a fight going on over there.
Someone call a bouncer.
I see some feather slappin'.


"I'm not sure I trust you."

"I'm not sure I trust you either."


"Attack from the back! I'm out of here!"


"I'll beeee baaaack," he says in his toughest imitation 
Arnold Schwarzenegger voice 
that a little chickadee can muster.

*****
Not feeling well is for the birds.
But if it wasn't for the birds, I'd be bored.

I think I have a slight fever.
I think I'll sign off for now.

You never know what or who my feverish brain might find talking outside my window.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment :)