Monday, August 28, 2017

A Walk on a Fine Summer's Day


My puppies wanted to take a walk.


How could I say "not now" to this face.


So I grabbed my camera and down the gravel road we went. 


Halfway down the road there is this abandoned house. I just love it.


Fall is definitely in the air and painted on the landscape.


We walked 3/4 of a mile down to a wild apple tree. I made pork chops, apples, and cabbage in the crock pot using tart apples from this tree last week. The house smelled so good and supper was delicious. Here's a link to the recipe. The recipe calls for pork loin but I used two humungus thick pork chops. Yum!


Barbed wire and an old fence post.



It's sad to see summer fading away but I'll embrace Fall as it slowly arrives.

Have a safe and great week everyone and keep lifting up the people of Texas in your prayers.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment :)