Tuesday, October 6, 2015

A Blue Jay Brings Peace


I was sitting along the river the other day, having a cup of coffee, when this Blue Jay flew in to this stump to grab some free grub. 


I had sprinkled black sun flower seeds over the stump in hopes of seeing some birds.


I don't believe he ate the seeds, rather he was storing seeds up in his mouth like Chippy the Chipmunk does and then would fly away to hide his stash for the winter.




His face, throat, and neck appeared to be swelling up.



I think here he is stretching to make a little more room.

I haven't blogged for awhile because one of my biggest fans of this simple blog recently peacefully passed away. With tears in my eyes and shaking hands, I wanted to reconnect with those of you who follow The Walking Stick. Thank you so very much. 

I felt these peaceful pictures of this Blue Jay were fitting for this blog and inspired me to start writing again and share my hobby of taking pictures. The wonderful man who is now in a better place was named Jay. He will truly be missed and always hold a special place in my heart. Every time I would hit the "publish" button to send a post out into the land of the internet, I envisioned his smiling face and imagined hearing him call out to my mom like he always did when I posted. "Debi blogged!"

  

Jay sure liked these two bozos.

He will be missed by all.
I especially will miss his hugs.

Go out and hug those you love today.
Hugs to all of you.
Love,
Debi






No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment :)