Sunday, August 2, 2015

Wading the River


This post is for my oldest son who has been working in the sweltering heat of Oklahoma. During a recent phone conversation, he said, "Mom, I miss the dogs. Send me some pics."

Boy, do I have pics!

So, if your a little tired seeing pictures of our Ike and Bear, you may want to skip this post.

Oh, and don't worry about Ike's owie on his hip. He got himself one of those hot spots but we took him to the vet and he is healing fast and well. He's just not looking his best these days...




Believe it or not, one day last week it was sweltering hot in the UP. Steve said, "Let's go wade in the river."

So we loaded up the dogs and we did.


They would wade awhile, rest on the riverbank,

(Ike, you have a bug on your nose.)


primp one paw...


then the other,


snap at bugs,


then take a little snooze.

I thought geesh, you guys aren't taking advantage of this awesome hot summer day. You need to wade in the river.

So I got out their organic puppy treats, and that got their attention.

Naw, I had some little stale crackers I took along for just this reason.


They like it when we throw one like a frisbee into the water. We try to get them to go a little deeper, but they usually will let those pass by and flow down the river.


I'm ready!


I'm ready!






And then we got a little rain shower and the dogs thought they were going to melt, so we quit.

I Love my dogs!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment :)