Wednesday, May 21, 2014

Winding Down...


Sorry about my absence. Things are winding down here in Wyoming. I have been slowly packing for our return trip to Michigan. We debated whether to travel back this week or next. But this weekend's fishing derby on Lake DeSmet lured us (ha, get it?) to sign up and stay a bit longer. Grand prize is a side-by-side ATV. They tag the fish and you can win anywhere between $100 to $3,000. Lots of cool prizes to win also! So we thought we'd give it a try. We hear Lake DeSmet turns into a tiny village for this event.

Above is Bear at Lake DeSmet. How the dogs can comfortably sleep on these stones bewilders me. But you wouldn't believe the people who come up to us and tell us what good dogs we have. (It took some work, let me tell ya...)


I posted this pic on Facebook yesterday but for those of you not on Facebook (Hi Mom!) I thought I would post it again. Yesterday I caught myself a 19" Cutbow. What's a Cutbow you ask? It is a cross between a Cutthroat Trout and a Rainbow Trout. We've been told they are great eatin'. Don't know yet. This guy is in the freezer.


This post is pretty much redundant of past posts - fishing and the weather. But it seems the norm out here is to awake to a beautiful cloudless sky. The robins make a mess out of our car. They flutter in front of our side mirrors all morning, leaving white stripes everywhere. The deer and the antelope are molting and aren't so pretty as they shed their winter coats. But I still love 'em. Baby calves follow their moms across the fields. Then around mid-afternoon the clouds literally roll in, there is a brief thundershower, and then rainbows. Last year Wyoming wasn't such a lush green landscape like it is now.


Some things don't change...

I still want this ranch.


Another nap...


Another passing storm...


We took a nice long Sunday afternoon ride and came across this vehicle. Steve said, "Take a picture!" You should have seen his face light up!


It was cloudy when we came down the canyon, but I managed a quick shot of these campers staying in one of the caves. They had a horse, mule, quads, a camper and a huge fire in the cave. 

Perfect! Looked like a lot of fun!

2 comments:

  1. We heard alot of this tonight but this blog give us a visual view which is very interesting and the scenery is awesone. I second that ranch deal, Good luck on the fishing contest. Mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cave camping. Each to their own. But worth it for the beautiful scenery. Rock Canyon

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment :)