Thursday, June 21, 2018

Two Mourning Doves...


Indigo Bunting

Those of you who know me or follow this blog know I love my birds. As soon as we returned from Wyoming, I put my bird feeders out and the birds came. I had such a variety that I could watch and listen to all day long.

Then the Bear came into the yard...

not my dog Bear...

a real black bear...

on his/her way to the backyard feeders...

at dusk.

Steve was on his way out of the house to shut things down in the garage for the night, and they met - Steve on the back porch, the bear on its way to the feeder. They looked at each other for a moment. The bear slowly turned around and left the yard.

Steve put all of my feeders back into the garage.



Yellow Finch


House Finch


A Sand Hill Crane strolling down our gravel road.


So now I just put black sunflower seeds on the stump in our front yard and backyard. Some of the birds still come, but not many. This pair of Mourning Doves are here every morning. I watch them over my morning coffee.



Thanks for remaining my constant feeders my Mourning Doves! But they should be called Morning Doves. I know their song sounds a bit melancholy, but I find it soothing in the morning over morning coffee. Not like they are mourning the loss of my feeders, but like they are morning birds. But sometimes they come in the afternoon and evening, but always in the morning. Hence Morning Doves...

Thanks for listening.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment :)