Thursday, March 10, 2016

God's Country


Hallelujah and Amen. We are back in God's country and loving every moment. I call this my "pinch me mode" because I can hardly believe I am here. That mountain in the distance is in our backyard and is the most colorful mountain I've ever seen. The colors literally change with the time of day. I am in awe and appreciation...


This is the view from our front yard. The plains are to the east and the Big Horn Mountains to the west.


This is looking northwest. The elk usually come down from that direction. Last year we saw our first elk of the season on March 18. Our binoculars are on the windowsill and we see antelope, muley and whitetail deer and six horses everyday and 97,426 cows when we take a ride in the truck. The calves are slowly appearing! They are so darn cute.


This is where we stay while we house sit for our friends.

We had a few cool days and a little snow this week. But today it reached 60 degrees with the number 70 coming for the weekend. Unlike the south, we are dry in Wyoming. My heart goes out to all those affected by the floods.


Yonder is the canyon. In my last post I mentioned how excited we were to be going up the canyon sooner this year than in years past. Well, it happened sooner than we thought. We headed up there earlier in the week on our four-wheelers and made it to the top! We even met some trucks that were making the attempt though we wouldn't recommend it this early unless you have chains on your wheels. It's a loong walk to the nearest house if you get stuck and cell service is minimal at best.

I'll post pics of our expedition up the canyon in my next post.
Love,
Debi





No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment :)