Friday, May 25, 2012

Home, Home on the Range...

We had that catchy tune on our brains for a few days while driving through the Black Hills and the Badlands. We are home now from a wonderful trip out west. We traveled through the Upper Peninsula, northern Wisconsin (even though I was born in this state, and now our son lives there, and I have visited it more times than I can count, we had never visited northern WI which is also beautiful!), Minnesota, North and South Dakota, Wyoming, Colorado, and Nebraska.

It takes a few days to catch up on things around the home front after we've been gone 2 1/2 weeks. Now that the laundry is done, and the mail sorted through, I am going to organize my pictures and take a day and create a batch of posts to send out every few days or so. I promise to keep up with this blog over the summer as best I can.

But here's a few reasons why we had Home, Home on the Range on our brains.


A Buffalo grazing right along side the road.


Buffalo on the range.



A wild burro waiting for an apple. We felt bad - we didn't have any!


...where the deer and the antelope play...



A nice profile close-up shot.


This deer wasn't having anything to do with our picture taking. He was getting outta here!

Most of these pictures were taken as we drove through the Black Hills 
and Custer State Park in South Dakota.

That's it for now. I'm going to go out and enjoy this beautiful day.
I hope you all have a safe and fun Memorial Weekend!












No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment :)