Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Zoom, Zoom...

That seemed to be my theme this past week. Zoom, zoom...
I realized I posted those words twice on my Facebook wall.

We all know this has been an unusual winter, but we have had our moments in the UP 
where it has been snowing like crazy...for a few minutes anyways.



Which made our road/snowmobile trail spectacular.
So Steve and I took a ride to St. Ignace for lunch and ended up with a 100 mile ride.


Remember this lake we four-wheeled to this summer?


Ahhh...


On Friday we returned once again to the lake with part of the Westhouse Family - 
our friends from downstate who were UP for the weekend.


The trails were unbelievably awesome!


And we had a GREAT time with the Westhouse crew!!
Nothing but smiles and laughter with them!


Saturday, Steve and I went to the Soo I-500 Snowmobile Race
It is the longest snowmobile race in the world.


People come early in the week to get a spot for their campers.


The warm temperatures made a mess of the track.
 The graders scraped up the excess snirt (snow and dirt mixed together).


State of the Art in da UP...it tells you all you need to know: 
laps to date, and who is in what place.


The track turned from snow to snirt to dirt in no time.


But we stayed warm and enjoyed every part of the weekend!
















No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment :)