Saturday, October 28, 2017

California Sea Lions



A couple of weeks ago I posted about our trip to San Francisco and about how our son swam from Alcatraz to the San Francisco shoreline. Here's a link to that post. It was an awesome trip and we saw many things. Above is the Golden Gate bridge. I oohed and ahhed about it. Riley finally said to me, "Mom, you have the same kind of suspension bridge a half hour from you house!" I said, "True, but it isn't painted red." 

We have the Mackinac Bridge by us that connects the lower peninsula of Michigan to the upper peninsula.

Here's a link to the Mackinac Bridge if you want to check it out.


While walking along Fisherman's Wharf we came across these sea lions basking in the sun.



A cargo ship passing by in the bay.


This sea lion watched his friend jump into the water.


He decided to follow him in.



Ha.


A meditating sea lion.


An itchy sea lion.

I miss San Francisco today. Why?  Because it is dreary, rainy and cold up here today in my beloved UP. I would rather be basking in the sun with the sea lions. But on a different dock. Ha.


1 comment:

  1. Glad u enjoyed SanFrancisco, That was a lot of SeaLions. Great Pictures. Enjoyed . FL

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment :)