Thursday, March 20, 2014

Happy Spring!


Oh, the sun is shining and the birds are singing their little hearts out. The mountain bluebirds have returned and are everywhere. I just haven't been able to snap a picture of them yet. They take me by surprise by their vivid blue showing and I just gape and stare as they fly away. I thought I'd start this post with these beautiful flowers I photographed when we were in Florida. Can't you just smell them?

Happy Spring, Everyone!!

I just LOVE saying that.

Even though it may not FEEL like Spring wherever you're at, at least KNOWING it is officially Spring warms my heart, if not my body. (I say this as I listen to the ever-increasing wind envelope the cabin and the furnace kick in. Soon Steve will get the fire stoked up in the wood burner for the evening.)


Signs of Spring come and go here at the foot of the mountains. 

This past Sunday Steve and I and the dogs took a long walk to the base of the canyon. We wore T-shirts! Then we grilled venison burgers and soaked up the sunshine. It reached 60 degrees. 

Forewarning...more bird photos...but not bluebirds...




But Monday? Oh my. Monday night howled with wind gusts up to 50 mph. Some places in Wyoming exceeded 100 mph gusts. Lots of snow fell again, but is quickly melting.


With snow on the ground it was easier to see these two.


The birds had to hang on for dear life.


We are itchin' to go fishin' and can't wait for this pond to thaw. We had so much fun last year trying to catch the mandatory 20 incher or bigger. You can see my keeper at this post. Some days the ice on this pond is quite black and we are thrilled. Then we get frigid cold nights and it turns white again. Teaser.

If you feel like reading more about last years fishing and traveling out here in the west, you can check out this post. It was on and around Steve's birthday which is coming up next week!

Happy Spring, Everyone!




No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment :)