Friday, February 21, 2014

George Strait Concert


A week ago tonight, Steve and I drove downstate.
We're so thankful we didn't have the weather we are having today.



This picture just doesn't do the blizzard we are in any justice. The Mackinac Bridge is closed. US 2 is closed. The whiteouts are blowing sideways and the house howls while the latched screen door thumps against the forceful wind. The dogs are sleeping soundly at the foot of the wood burner, and Steve is up to his eyeballs in receipts and such - getting our taxes in order. I've helped with what I could. I thought I would try and put a quick post online while I am in and out of getting bumped offline. It has been a week and a day since I posted but for good reason. It all started last Valentines Day when Steve and I used our Christmas gifts from our sons.


We drove to Auburns Hills on Valentines Day to see George Strait in concert at The Palace! The band Little Big Town opened the concert. We had great seats but I found it dang frustrating trying to get good shots!


The Palace is gigantic.


A little grainy...but there's George!


Amazing concert! Thanks to our awesome sons!!

And thanks for putting us up in a Marriott hotel!



Lindsey and Riley arrived Saturday evening and stayed for the weekend. The dogs sure enjoy the love they take with them and spread around.


We all enjoyed the weekend immensely!


Meanwhile, find cover little guy!


Hunker down!

Next post I'll share our snowmobile ride from home to Mackinac Island which we did this past Tuesday.

Stay tuned...

Love,
Debi

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment :)