Monday, June 10, 2013

Funday Sunday


Yesterday, after church, I got to go fishing with Steve and Mark and Marshall. Mark and Marshall are brothers and go to our church. We caught the two fish above but lost three. It turned out to be a cool and breezy day as you can tell from my four layers of shirts.


Yes, that's Steve underneath the hood waiting for the rest of us.


We took off from DeTour by the ferry that crosses to Drummond Island.


Took in the view of freighters passing by.


And watched this one load up with limestone. It took at least 7 hours to complete the task.



Our first fish...this was a team effort. The guys wanted me to reel this fish in from the depths of Lake Huron. He turned out to be 6 1/2 pounds. I had to hand the pole over to Steve as my arms were losing strength and I sure didn't want to lose this big boy. I did fine reeling them in while out west, but they weren't so deep in the water. Hokey smokes!


Marshall reeled in this nice catch.


Another view...Mark is holding him in this shot but I couldn't back up any further so Mark had to be cut out of the picture. Sorry Mark!

I'm excited to tell you all that I should be getting a new phone at the end of the week. Hopefully, I'll be able to take better photos with the new phone (fingers crossed). 

You're all probably getting sick of seeing fish after fish pictures, but hey, that's what we've been up to for the past couple of months.

I'm going to start doing some painting in this little house in the forest. If things go well, I'll take before and after pics. If not, you'll see more FISH! 

Ha!




No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment :)